Strongly condemns China’s practice of involuntary organ harvesting, and encourages the medical community to educate Texans about the risks of travel to China for organ transplants to help prevent Texas residents from unwittingly becoming involved in murder in the form of forced organ harvesting from prisoners of conscience.
Condemning the continuing practice of forcibly removing organs from prisoners of conscience in the People’s Republic of China, particularly from Falun Gong supporters and Uighurs.
Expressing support for the Falun Gong Spiritual Movement, Christians, Uighurs and Tibetans and concerns over their persecution by the Chinese regime. The resolution also calls on the Czech government to call on the Chinese regime to stop the persecution of these people, to release prisoners of conscience, to respect and to ratify the international human rights pact.
Calling for an immediate end to the practice of organ harvesting from all prisoners and prisoners of conscience, to immediately end the 17-year persecution of Falun Gong, and for an independent investigation into organ transplant practices in China. The resolution also encourages the medical community to educate people on the risks of traveling to China for organ transplants and agrees to take measures to ban the entry of those who have participated in illegal removal of human tissue and organs.
- Urging federal lawmakers to take action by launching an investigation into the phenomenon in China; passing legislation to prohibit U.S. citizens from receiving organ transplants overseas if the source of organs is not transparent; and forbidding doctors involved in unethical organ transplantation in China from entering the United States.
- Written declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliament‘s Rules of Procedure, on stopping organ harvesting from prisoners of conscience in China
- Calls on the Government of the People’s Republic of China and Communist Party of China to immediately end the practice of organ harvesting from all prisoners of conscience
- Calling upon the People’s Republic of China to immediately end the practice of forced organ harvesting from all prisoners particularly from Falun Gong prisoners and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups
- Declaring that the Chinese Communist Party has harvested the organs of tens of thousands of prisoners, and called on the Italian Government to take a range of measures against the practice
- Condemning Forced Organ Harvesting and urges the United States government and the U.S. President to investigate organ transplants in China and take all reasonable steps to bring an end to the revolting practice of harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners for transplants
- Calls on the Government of the People’s Republic of China to end immediately the practice of harvesting organs from prisoners of conscience and members of religious and ethnic minority groups